Qualifying Round to be held courtesy of Heworth GC on Sat 25th June 2022
Championship to be held courtesy of Boldon GC on Sat 23rd July 2022
1. Any Clubs, who are not exempt for the 2022 Championship and are affiliated to the Durham County Golf Union, may enter a Team of Three Players into this qualifying event. Those clubs exempt from qualifying are Eaglescliffe, Durham City, Rockliffe Hall and Brancepeth Castle.
2. One Team of Three Players, each Player in such Team must be qualified as per County Rule No. 28. available at www.durhamcountygolfunion.co.uk and be visible as a member of the represented club on WHS.
3. Play in the Qualifying event will be over 18 holes, Scratch Medal from White tees, with all three scores to account toward the team total. Play in the Championship itself will be over 36 holes.
4. The Twelve Clubs with the Best Gross Aggregate Score will qualify to join the four exempt clubs in the Clubs' Championship on Saturday 23rd July at Boldon Golf Club.
5. Competitors will be required to play with equipment that conforms to R&A Rules.
6. Prizes in the Championship will be awarded to the Champion Team and Runners Up, with the Champion Club being eligible to represent Durham in the National Champion Club Championship at Lilley Brook GC, Gloucestershire, on the 17th & 18th September 2022.
7. Entrance Fee £15 (Fifteen Pounds) per team. To be paid via Block Entry Form, sent at the start of the season to all Clubs.
8. In the event of a tie, it will be decided by the Aggregate of the two best scores. If there is still a tie, it will be decided by the best card and there after on the back 9, 6 or 3 of that best card.
9. Players shall walk at all times during a stipulated round unless permission to ride on a buggy has been granted on medical grounds in advance by the County Executive Committee.
10. Unless stated otherwise in the Conditions, DCGU General Terms/Conditions relating to all Championships and Tournaments shall apply where appropriate.
11. The Committee of the Union reserve the right to refuse entry.
12. All Competitors MUST comply with the dress rules of the Host Club. Tailored golf shorts are allowed in this competition.